Friday, May 6, 2011

riding my bike



This is day two of riding my bike to my new job.

What a feeling of freedom, happiness and independence.


I realized yesterday thou that I had better hone up on my hand signals. I couldn't remember how to signal left so instead I pulled off to the side and got off my bike to cross the busy street. Silly.


And really, I think it may even be faster for me to get to work on my bicycle than by car with all the waiting on lights and school zones and such in the vehicle, I really don't have any of that on my biking way there. Bonus.


I like this.

5 comments:

  1. NICE! That's awesome that you get to bike to work. I lovvvvvve zooming by all the cars waiting at the lights during rush hour. I haven't even gotten my bike out yet...pure laziness! But you've inspired me! This weekend, the bike's comin' out!

    Oh and hand signals? Really easy:
    Left turn: put your left arm straight out before you turn.
    Right turn: put your right arm straight out before you turn.

    Many people still use the old, left arm out, at elbow point forearm upward, but most people don't even remember how to do this, and most drivers forget which way it means! My dad, (whom I consider the "ultimate biker"), says the whole left arm, right arm thing is the easiest to do, easiest to remember and easiest (for cars) to understand. And I've found that on my bike too.

    The biggest thing I'll say though, is wear a helmet!! So many times we think we're safe on bikes and drivers just don't even notice us. Alert, safe biking is the best way to bike. Or if you have a bike path to use, you're a lucky duck.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'RE NOT SAYING THAT YOU BLOW ALL THE RED LIGHTS...ARE YOU ???
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for biking to work. and yay for your new superfanastic job. hand signals hey? I guess I should try that. and dorky helmets are a must. safety before good hair - every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and p.s. that photo is killer. yummy yummy summer light, and great focus. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky girl I wish I could bike to work too...
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier