Tuesday, April 26, 2011

last day

Today is my last day at my 9 year job.

I am filled with many different feelings and emotions.
I am not sad. Not one little bit. No tears will flow today. I had flowers waiting for me on my old desk when I arrived at work this morning. It was really sweet. A thoughtful gesture that was frankly unexpected.

You see I have shut down here at work long ago, I withdrew from the daily gossip and political BS that goes along with every office or work place. I shut it right off except for my Terry. I realize that may not have been the healthiest of approaches. I was simply listening and giving into what my body told me I wanted. I was just unhappy here.

It has been quite the journey right from the beginning when I showed up at in the warehouse working for free as part of my Parts School work experience. After two weeks I managed to convince them to take me on full time. Thank goodness. I was surviving. I won't get into all of that again here though...the end of that chapter is here.

I no longer need to survive. I am walking out of these doors 9 years later with what I came looking for, a better me.

I may have a different last name (last name number four) then when I began this journey but I am leaving with what I started out looking for. That inner voice who used to scream at me to come out from way down deep inside is now riding proud on the outside of me. I am living out loud.

Onto the next chapter. I am pretty excited with a touch of anxious.


*NOTE: no eggs where injured in the making of this post...well, maybe just the blue one....

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing person and even though this work place is horrible and depressing you managed to survive it and become a better person. I am very proud of you and know that you / our future is bright and will continue to get better. I love you honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS !!! ON YOUR 3-EGG BLOG...AND THIS FANTASTIC, LIFE-CHANGING MOVE !!!
    MOST PEOPLE WISH FOR CHANGE, WHILE LIFE WHISKS PAST. THE STRONG AND THE BRAVE MAKE CHANGE. BRAVO !!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier