Thursday, April 7, 2011

Choice

Choice consists of the mental process of judging the merits of multiple options and selecting one of them.


This is a word that has come up in my thoughts pretty prominently over the last couple of days. Whether its grocery shopping, picking out new shoes or not choosing not to change the colour of you hair for a job opportunity such as Tayler's recent choice.

She was faced with the opportunity to work at a job with an increase in pay but she chose not to accept so she can continue to express herself in the way she feels important to her.

She had a choice that many don't.


We have the choice.


I have the choice....sometimes those choices don't come as easy as I/we would like them too.


Do we choose between the high pay more stress which brings occasional extreme bits of fantasy pleasures like taking an exotic trip every year or so?


Or instead do we choose to forgo that possibility for the simple pleasure of everyday contentment with less disposable income?


In black and white the choice seems obvious. But emotionally the choice is a lot harder.


I don't have to choose between my child being fed or a roof over my head. I don't have to choose between living in a cardboard box or a plastic bag. I am fortunate to have the freedom of choice.


Even the the ones I think are the hard ones.

4 comments:

  1. the hardest part in life is to decide to chose with our hearts or our heads. what's great is you allow your kids to make their own choices even when they don't use their blue haired heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so much the same way, thankful I get to make choices in my life. Especially when it comes to elections. How many people would give anything to live in a country where they get to choose their own leader? How many people *have* given their lives to bring about that kind of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAD CHOICE USUALLY PRODUCE IMMEDIATE REGRET.
    BUT, BAD CHOICES ARE ALMOST ALWAYS FORGOTTEN AND TURN INTO REAL BLESSINGS...SOMETIMES TAKES 40 YEARS OR SO..BUT PATIENCE PREVAILS.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choice, something we are fortunate to have.

    Choice to have many weeks a year happy or only 1 to 2 weeks a year seems like a no brainer to me even if it pays less. :0)

    You should be over the emotional part soon and enjoying life more than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier