Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A New Begining

After much (way to much) moaning, groaning, whining, and complaining the answer to "should I stay or should I go" back on October 7, 2009 came....I go. After 8 years it's time to move on. I feel a sense of relief, satisfaction, trepidation and excitement.

I can breath a big sigh of relief as well as look forward to not being tied to a desk every day.

I will be working at a Stationer store as an assistant (for now!) where employees having fun is up there on the priority list. I will be dealing with customers and getting in on the making and creating of some pretty great posters , manuals and what-not..... I am so looking forward to the intimacy that a small family owned business will bring. The communication, teamwork and need to ensure every one is happy with the understanding that it is that kind of an environment that will bring about the best results and product. A happy work place is an efficient work place....it's been a long time missing for me. Taking a leap of faith here, this wouldn't be possible without the support of my fantastic husband....I am not in survival mode anymore, I am in living mode. I just have to get through the next two weeks...it's going to be a heck of a ride. I'm already exhausted. It has definitely been a roller coaster of emotion since first spotting this job in the local news paper. Is this the right thing to do? Can we handle the cut back in wage? Can we work around the change in hours? How will I get through a day with out lunch with my husband? This is the right thing, we both feel it. *fingers crossed*

6 comments:

  1. A "BIG-HEARTY" CONGRATULATIONS GOES OUT TO YOU FROM THE'TOBANS !!! THIS IS RIGHT FOR "YOU". "A CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A REST"
    DADDY-O :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on creating a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! Dude. It's going to be great. I don't know if I can say it enough, I am so proud of you. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to that huge smile on your face every day. I love you. You will be great with all that stress off your plate. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many long moons ago, I remember leaving my office desk job to go as a director of a daycare . It was scarey as it was such a big difference in jobs and I was not sure if I was qualified for doing it but I did have a heart and gift for working with kids ( it was the adults that scared me) Anyway, it was one of the best moves I made and I totally excelled at and enjoyed the job. So the best to you; may you have many fun, happy job days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What!?! That's awesome! You're gonna do great and have such a good time. Also, you're gonna have to send me your new email address so I don't email you at work anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier