Friday, March 25, 2011

And there she goes...

I know your not supposed to live vicariously through your children but I wonder if that only applies when it is something you are making them do rather than something they are doing all on their own ?~that you probably could have done yourself had you maybe been just a little bit smarter and more of a forward thinking 16 year old~

This latest form of virtual living for me comes from the fact the Tayler has now flown off to New York and not the one in Ontario either, the REAL New York. The New York that I spend my whole life daydreaming about.

This picture was taken at the airport at 4 am Thursday morning as I dropped off Tayler and her friend who stayed the night. (her friends parents are clearly smarter than I)






They have the most amazing eight days planned out ahead of them.

I had a dentist appt later that morning and as they asked me how I was and I blah blah'd about being tired and why, my hygienist Terri listened and asked questions and nodded her head. I start in about how jealous I was and how I have always wanted to go and you know what she said!?...."Then why haven't you gone?" I couldn't immediately answer that question. Why haven't I gone if I have always REALLY really wanted to go? It is possible.

As I type this my two boys are also leaving for their most amazing spring break ever. They are off to Banff with their Dad for a week of skiing/snowboarding in the mountains...How did they all get here? Mind blowing.

I on the other hand took a day off work. I am dubbing it my 'mental health' day. I have been doing this a lot more lately....this is already my third this year. I just book the day off with just minor 'maybe' plans and go from there.

My early morning plans fell through unavoidably so now that I am up and properly fed, thanks to my wonderful husband who is now at work , I sip coffee in my PJ's happily blogging away.

Is this the most boring blog ever? ...haha I think I am going to go shopping!!!

***************************************************************************
It's what happens after a gorging of crab and a few ~ah-hem~ some drinks.

3 comments:

  1. Really you should go to NYC...I finally got to go last Septemember and it was all and more I hoped it would be. Heck I'd go with you! If it's not too painful here's a link to my Flickr photos of the trip. http://www.flickr.com/photos/happydog/sets/72157625111828230/

    ReplyDelete
  2. M.J. NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD !!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...I'm jealous too! She's gonna have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier