Sunday, January 5, 2014

Thankful


Thanks to the thoughtful and generous gifts of some fine folks over the holiday season one huge expense we take on with a family of five was lessened.

I'm pretty frugal with spending for the most part. Having had to rely on food banks and Christmas bureaus for their charity over some of the rougher holidays when the kids were younger I came to become very strategic at the grocery store.

Through the years, with a lot of hard work and life changing decisions I have been blessed with the comfort of not having to worry about filling our shelves and freezer with food.
 I always told Terry that I will not overspend on things and fluff but now that I don't have to worry
 (so much) I don't want to have to count every penny when buying groceries. I wanted to shop with out a calculator!
 I still watch my prices and shop around. I won't buy when I know I can get it elsewhere for a dollar or more less. I use coupons when I remember and stock up on an item when I see a 'blow out' price.
I'm not a millionaire!!

For Christmas we received some gift cards towards restaurants we have enjoy as a family on occasion and towards groceries at our regular shopping stop. It has been such a treat stopping for a quick meal some that someone else cooks for us and even cleans up after.
Going to the grocery store in the last couple of weeks and having to dish out very little dough from my own pocket has been a delight.
 I am very proud to be able to provide my kids with a cupboard full of food with out much worry but right now I am also very thankful for the generosity of others who helped lesson some of the load of it.


1 comment:

  1. We love-love-love Kraft Dinner !!! ;)
    'Pegger

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier