Monday, August 9, 2010

Folk Fest cont...

So we decided to skip going to FF on Friday.

Michel,Carey and I went all day Saturday and most of Sunday.

We saw some amazing musicians, I can't remember all their names but they were all so great and passionate I simply can't wait until next year. There was a lot to take in for a newbie but I do know that next year I will bring a pen and write some names down then instantly rush over to the merch tent to buy their CD's...I waited waaayyy to long and everything I wanted was sold out or packed up. Rookie mistake.

Bandi Carlile really stood out to me this weekend, I sure liked hearing her voice. She sang a folk'd out version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow that capture the breath of every one around us.

So many memories, so many good times, so few words in my vocab.

Also so few pictures, my camera died instantly on Sunday and Saturday is pretty much a write off for pictures seeing is how we spent waaaay too much time in the beer garden that day.
It was Michel's 34th that day. She and Carey got up at the butt crack of dawn and scored us seats super close to the stage. We were in the 'it' crowd that day. What a blast. We had too much to drink allowing us to dance like fools in the rain that fell down during Sarah Harman.

The pictures got fuzzy as the night went on. We had such a good birthday Saturday. Thank goodness we got it all out of our system Saturday, since we went later in the day Sunday we just packed our little chairs around to all the smaller stages taking in the more intimate shows. By the time we made it to the main stage we were way up on the tippy top of the steep hill watching the world below....sweet.












Drunk night photo dancing. awesome!

This STUPID ball hit me in the head over and over and OVER!! No one else ever...just me. Michel finally took matters into her own hands. Stupid ball.


1 comment:

  1. haha that stupid ball. oh what a great weekend! best birthday ever. Thanks so much for being there with me.
    did you mention that we got 4 tarps back from the MAIN STAGE!!!?!??!?! brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier