Thursday, August 19, 2010

Moral

The moral around my work place feels to be at an all time low lately.
Working in my little corner of the oil and gas industry in Alberta I can feel the anger oozing out of every communication.

It was only couple of years ago it seems, every time I answered the phone at work the mood on the other end was full of fast talking ~let's git er done~ energy....woo hoo 'we're makin money now'. It was almost fun, exhausting, but fun in an adrenaline rush kind of way.

Now that boom time has long past,lay offs all around us. Promotions and raises are but a small glimmer in the rear view mirror, picking up the phone at work or opening an email makes you cringe with expectation of a disgruntled filled conversation ahead.

I have seen the ads posted in the UK and US warning people to stay away from Alberta, showing the mass destruction to our earth and wild life caused by the oil sand operations up north.
I feel sad and helpless, I am a contributor to it actually, I collect the pay check and reap the benefits.

It's not just the oil sand monstrosity that makes me cringe and bow my head, it's the wonder and fear of what the rest of our country hears on the other end of the receiver when they pick up the phone to talk to Alberta.

I am doing the best I can in my little corner of the oil and gas industry to send a smile to you, either by email or phone. It's not easy when your are surrounded by such negative vibes and piss poor attitudes but by golly I am up for the task. (besides, things are kinda slow around here lately so I have the time)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day! :o)

3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL GLIMMER OF HOPE !...THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to the truth there, Donna, and the truth will set you free. Thanks for your smile and I send a hug to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a shining star in a sea of people that think they have been wronged in some way by the slow down of the economy. You are awsome. Don't let them get you down. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier