Monday, December 6, 2010

Most Heart and Hustle

This is the new term for game MVP I assume....or at least just for this ringette tournament.

The opposing team's coaches pick a player on the other team that they think fit into the criteria and that player gets the award for that game....Tayler Morris, come on down!!! wooot wooot!

She got this MAJOR AWARD (a.k.a. personal pizza and a pop at the local Boston Pizza) for the last of the three games her team played in this tournament.

Despite not making it to the finals, a minor dressing room incident and Tayler walking like a 90 year old lady due to a cross check in the lower back in game two I would say that the weekend went quite well.

Tayler and I were awesome and we got in a little bit of Christmas shopping. I discovered I actually like Red Deer, it's a rather cozy and nicely laid out little city. We stayed in a super new hotel, just opened in August. The beds were so comfortable and fresh, the towels were really soft and every piece of furniture was modern and shiny new, including the flat screen TV...It felt really VIP like considering we were paying a skukum team deal room rate for the weekend with an included daily breakfast. Thanks Red Deer!

Hanging with the parents was OK, kind of intimidating too. These parents have been on the same team together for years and are quite a bit older since a lot of their daughters are 18 or more and some being the babies of the family. It was fun though, they are all good people who like to pass down their wisdom and I got to feel like a little kid around them....LOL

I took a few pictures this tournament, not many of the games and rinks, they all look the same after awhile. I took pictures of tayler jumping on the bed and some of cow bells and crazy annoying clappy hands. A really cool one of my jeans in the sun, no really it was great! And by WAS I mean i don't actually have these pictures anymore. I did the huge faux pas of delteting the pictures off of my memory card with out double checking to make sure i transfered them properly...I didn't and they are gone. Lesson learned.
All i can give you is this...Tayler sitting on the hotel bed holding a t.v. remote.



1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the old deletion accident aka the whole reason I kept ALL our 1400 Europe pictures on both our laptop and on the card for the entire trip. But we'll all imagine those fun (and probably pretty awesome shots) of your fun times!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier