Thursday, January 7, 2010

A new energy

As we made our way back to the gym this new year, shaking off the tinsel and digging out the ol ankle socks, one can't help but feel a sense of relief. We are back to the old routine, back to what feels right and normal. But going back feels different, new some how. Feelings enter me of new possibilities and an openness to really step out and try something, to be SOMETHING this year.

So what happened between December 31,09 and January 1,10 besides a few ticking seconds that changed my out look and brought onto me this new feeling of beginning and desire to discover what and who I really am and could possibly be?

Good question.

It's like we were always waiting to get to somewhere or waiting for something to happen or perhaps waiting for something to pass. Maybe with a new year we just give our selves permission to go somewhere, to make something happen, to enjoy things as they pass by. I'm not really sure but it feels good.

I see in the gym so many new faces, the new years resolution of so many to change their lives and get healthy and make a change. I feel so excited when I see these people, we have all been there. Sadly so many will drop off in the next month and more so in two or three (allowing us open access once again to our favorite machines) but I hope not, I really hope they stick with it and really make room for this new beginning in their lives. I for one will be doing my part to make them feel welcome in our gym in hopes that it will help soften some of the intimidation that they feel in this strange new world.

Check out this blog I read today, it kind of sums things up.

Happy New You.

2 comments:

  1. you are truly a sweetheart. I on the other hand am like everyone else and wish all those people would just fail, move on, and get off my crosstrainer already.

    I kid. kind of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are something really special to me. I really want you to search your sole and find out who you want to be and lets go for it. 2010 is the big year of change baby.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier