Monday, March 1, 2010

inspiration

Thanks to inspiration from all around, the final push coming from here, I went cross country skiing this weekend.

Michel and I fought through our inner voice with such a strong opinion of just staying home and relaxing in our PJ's this past Saturday morning. With both of our men other wise occupied we finally set out to do what we have been talking about doing for some time.

It was such a beautiful day.

Some things I learned about cross country skiing:

1. You do not need nearly the amount of clothing or layers you need when going down hill skiing.

I cannot believe how hot I got.

2. It is allot harder work then it looks.

3. Thank you God for ski polls.

4. People are very friendly on ski trails. (a Canadian trait no doubt)

5. Ski shoes have come along way baby.

6. It is so peaceful. Perfect to do with a friend or alone.

7. It is defiantly worth the effort of leaving a warm cozy house and Saturday morning news paper to go cross country skiing.

8. My groin hurts.

9. Two days later, my groin still hurts.

10. Seriously, will I be able to cross my legs this week at all?



Go Skiing! You will love it!

5 comments:

  1. re:
    #1 - I KNOW, huh!?!? I got so hot, that by the end I had my scarf and mitts off and my jacket open and it was still -16!

    #3- Oh, boy, yes, thank you.

    #8-10 -ha haha ha haaha. I SO know how you feel! I'm glad I'm not the only one! It does go away...eventually. : )

    I'm glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! You've convinced me. I'm going to call Pam and take her up on her offer to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still I am wincing crossing my legs today!
    #3. especially when you have them in the right hands!!!!!

    such a great time! thanks sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fyi!!! it is now thursday, although I can cross my legs (ish... groin still tender).. my thighs still hurt. still. its thursday. did I mention my thighs hurt. wow.

    oh and I fogot to add 2 things to your list;

    11. to be a good xcountry skier you need an accent preferably of scandinavian decent.

    12. and perhaps most important, SILVER. SPANDEX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup...the tendernes is still there. That was a good one!

    I totally forgot about the accent..LOL 'allo.

    I am not sure we are ready for the silver spandex yet, those were serious, I was thinking maybe starting with the color co-ordinated touques.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier