Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Move

With the office move complete and the boxes mostly unpacked I have to say that I am not hating this new/old space as much as I anticipated. I still am in possesion of some stupid anxieties that I can't seem to shake. For example, I was so afraid to face people yesterday that I did not go get a glass of water all day, in the morning I managed to sneak down to the lunch room for a drink and get back with out running into anyone, but for the rest of the day I just stayed put in my new mini cubicle...hiding. What? Why? Just..how come? I have a tonne of excuses but no real explanation. Here are some pictures of the office as it became our cube life.


Here is the empty, finished, renovated space. This used to be a training center for mechanics to come and learn how to fix and build the latest engines, transmissions etc. This was a dyno room where they would test run the engines. Quite the transformation.
This is where my cubicle walls will be erected. There is my phone waiting for me on the floor.
Below is my new mini office cubicle, it shrank in size quite a lot. I used to have two desks with upper cabinets and room for an extra chair...no longer. I never had a window before. Nice. Notice my name plate, it was made with my old last name and since the company will NOT be spending any unnecessary money for the time being I have used a sticky note to show who really sits there now! To the right of the screen, those black boxes are provided by the moving company to move our files, yet to be unpacked.


Below you will see the view from my chair when I am sitting. I like this part the very best. Terry took me to IKEA at lunch today and bought some plants for my sill. It's a very nice addition and really made this little new space feel OK. My gray walls are still bare and I think I will fill them with photos of fun places we have been and pictures of home so when I look up I can see and feel my self in a happy place. Plenty of day dreaming in my future.

That's it for now, like I said, I don't hate it as much as I thought but I definitely have some issues to work through.

The kids are off this weekend on a Easter ski trip to the mountains with their Dad so Terry and I decided we deserved a break too. Thanks to some great advice from Don Amero we got a super great deal on a hotel room via an online hotel sell off site in Canmore. We are heading to the mountains tomorrow after work for mini honey moon #2 and some well earned R&R.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE the window sill shot! cool perspective. your name plate is priceless! Your "not yet" wonderful new space will get there soon enough! great start sugar!! see you in the mountains!!!!!!! yay

    oh p.s. what's behind the nyc photo??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...thanks! :o)
    It's the other NYC photo you gave us, the Brooklyn Bridge shot. I change em up every so often, gives me a different place to put myself every other day dream.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier