Monday, March 8, 2010

Taxi

I spent the weekend driving kids to and from all sorts of events and friends places. More so than usual.
I didn't mind though, the timing all worked out and it seemed to feel unrushed.
Every one was so busy with various activities and commitments yet, now that Monday is here, I can think back and feel satisfied with the time I spent with each one of my in house family.
True, I wasn't the one busy with activities of my own, but was responsible for getting everyone to where they needed to be on time, with full tummies and everything they needed in tow.
We managed at home meals and took our own snacks. I brought a book along and was able to pull off a chapter or two while waiting. I even managed a 50 minute walk in the gorgeous sunshine while waiting for one event to finish.....
Laundry got done and put away, sheets are all fresh and clean, house is vacuumed and dusted (thank you Roomba the robot vacuum) ,fridge and pantry are full of food.
Yeah, sure our lives are hectic and feel insanely over booked at times but I am feeling like we all have found our groove. We found a way to juggle times and schedules by (mostly) helping each other with support and patients.
We are ticking like a well wound clock at the moment.
I would like to take a moment to pat my self on the back and take some credit for this....I am the one in the middle, behind the scenes keeping things going (not always smoothly)but I couldn't do it with out a great team.
That felt good to say/type.
Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. If I had a gold medal to award you I'd send it your way!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. this makes me feel good reading it. You do deserve gold medal!! I tell you all the time how much I am amazed at how you juggle the intertwinings of your family. I sometimes forget things I've just only planned for me. lame.
    I can't help but think of this whole blog said by a cliche hockey player being interviewed after the game..
    "We are ticking like a well wound clock, really jelling at this crucial time, sheets are fresh and clean, pulling off a few chapters... "

    ;) good job mom!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier