Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Maybe I had it all wrong.

We have had allot of appointments in our family over the last few weeks and I have been happily making it to most of them.
Which is good with about half of them being for myself.

Appointments are during work hours for the most part so all of these appointments require time away from the desk.
I usually try to book these appointments as early or as late in the day as possible to avoid excess driving back and forth.
I was starting to feel a bit (only a tiny bit) bad missing so much time from work, an hour here two hours there, so Terry said he wouldn't mind taking Tayler to her latest orthodontics appt yesterday. Being the amazing, sweet guy that he is he also suggested I go try to get some gym time in after work, which is rare for me with the busy lives of children, and that he would take care of getting everyone to where they needed to be.

I hesitated but gratefully gave in.

I was worried a bit that he would be overwhelmed with the after school/work activities as well as the responsibility of making dinner and such.
Terry is very capable and organised, handling anything thrown at him with ease, but I still felt a pang of guilt run through me leaving him with all the duties of taking care of everyone else while I traipse off to the gym.

I went to the gym and had a great work out, it felt so good going and taking care of me.
On my way back home I prepared my self to get dinner going or to start on the dishes only to walk through the door and find Terry and Nathan eating a very yummy smelling chicken stir fry and looking all relax happy to see me, dishes caught up, the other two children at their job and sport.
All I had to do was fill a plate, pour myself a drink and sit down and relax.
I flipped through the local paper, talked with the boys on their day before heading out side to mow the lawn and take in some warm evening weather.

I had it all wrong, I don't need to leave my job to stay home in hopes of making our lives less stressful and feel more calm, smooth and efficient. I don't need to be at home to take care of everyone in hopes of making their lives run more smoothly.
Terry does.

I tell you, I had one of the best after work nights I have had in quite sometime last night.
Peace, love and happiness....

2 comments:

  1. I am here for you love.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have someone to lean on, take half the load. It will take some getting used to I bet, but keep letting yourself take some time for just you. Those 4 can fend for themselves once and awhile. oh and Terry is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier