Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mexico via Daniel

Its only right to carry on with the "borrowing" of photos from the rest of the family. Mine could get boring after a while and I think its kind of neat seeing what the kids deem picture worthy. We even have a few from Nathan. I haven't actually seen Nathan's yet though so I am not sure how that will go. He dropped his camera in the sand pretty early on so we'll see what he came up with. That will have to be for the end of the week though since he is at his Dad's right now.

So, with out further a due, I give you some of Daniel's POV.

Daniel's favorite part...the flight!

Some kind of wild Mayan creature.


Ancient stone tablets giving some clues to a civilization that once was. Not much left of their history due to the mass destruction of all that was Mayan when the Spaniards laid claim to the land.


A windy day for walk up and down the beaches of Playa Del Carman. We had a fantastic lunch on the sand (but really on a table on the sand)

And of course the daily towel art we found on our beds upon our return to our rooms after long days in the pool and on the beach.


Daniel with the Mayan Shaman right after he cleansed us before we could go into their sacred Cenotes
A home of one of the families in the Mayan village we had the pleasure to visit.

A poisonous snake of the ~I can't remember the name~ variety...this snake is actually eating another of the same kind in this photo...turns out it was very disrespectful of us to take photos of this (all of our group stopped, not just us) so our guide had to return to this spot and ask for forgiveness or something like that.
He didn't really tell us what he did when he returned.

I just kinda liked this picture of me. Look how well I am paying attention to our guide.

And of course the guest photographer of the day. A self portrait of the ~hey, check out my nostrils~ variety. So cute.

3 comments:

  1. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE GOOD, SOLID NOSTRILS !
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, great picture of the clouds (I'm an airplane cloud picture taker myself), that shaman is the tiniest man I've ever seen (!), and it's super cool how much mayan/spanish culture you guys were able to take in on your 'luxiourious 5 star vacation" (I'm starting to think you just slept on the beach if it wasn't for that elephant towel!). Keep those photos coming! (Me and grandma are both looking very forward to Nathan's!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! love your guest posters!!!!! eeek! poison carnivorous snake! oh my

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier