Saturday, November 13, 2010

We're back from our Mexican vaca....!

So many many maaaaany pictures. Such a lack of organisation.
I have a problem, I take the pictures, but I don't sort, organise or do anything with them.

We had such a good time in the Riviera Maya. No one got sick, not one got hurt, well, I might have hurt my ankle just a little jumping into the sand off a half wall with wedges on and a weee bit of alcohol in me. FYI:Do not attempt. ouch.

I persevered. We carried on with our wonderful evening beach walk with seriously wonderful waves lapsing onto the shore and the stars above twinkling just for the five of us.

We ate. We ate and we ate. Oh my but my body could not handle two weeks of all inclusive buffet. After just one week I am slightly rollie pollie. Man how I ate.

The kids had a blast, you could tell by their sad little faces as we landed in Edmonton last night. Tayler was wishing her heart out that some one would come up to her and say "just kidding, your heading back again tonight"

Nathan wanted to speak Spanish so badly, he was asking Terry every five seconds "how do I say this? how do I say that?" He was the biggest snorkeler of the bunch, always in the ocean chasing the fish.

Daniel was amazing, sometimes amazingly annoying since he couldn't seem to make a move on his own, that was surprising since at home he is the most independent of them all. He seemed to need some one to go with him to do everything. But he was our trolley guide. With us having access to three resorts there were numerous different trolleys, very poorly marked, to take you to various locations through out, you could only tell them apart by what lane they were in.

Daniel had the system down. That Dan, he used to be so afraid of EVERTHING, not anymore, now I have that only honour. He climbed to the top of pyramids, zip lined across crocodile infested waters, repelled down into deep dark cenotes ,mastered the call of the monkey and took a scuba lesson. Nathan & Tayler did amazing too. Tayler was so easy going, so relaxed so easy to please. So happy to do or not do anything...she is a good companion traveler, just so happy to be there.

Here are a couple of unedited pictures in no particular order.
If I don't do it randomly like this you will never get to see them. I need to get more organised.

Nathan loved Mexico.

Tayler got the relaxation gift that the salty Mexican air gives.

Daniel pushed his limits and found they couldn't hold him anymore.

Terry drank his fancy drink.

The kids played.

Me. Making a rare apearance.


The five of us spending our last hour there in a hamock. Perfection

3 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO !!! GREAT !!!KEEP-EM COMING !!!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes. I think my skin is turning a little green. Oh, and good job avoiding hurricanes and explosions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I forgot to say you are pretty dang awesome at taking pictures. Soon I'm gonna hire you to do our photos!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier