Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Escape

Here we are back from our mountain get away. It is still toque and mitt weather in the mountains but you sure don't seem to mind much with the breathtaking 360 views and the wonderfully clean crisp air invading your lungs, rejuvenating your soul.

I am more in love with the thought of moving to the mountains then ever before. Mountain Donna is a relaxed, happy Donna. Seriously, I get sore cheeks every time we are there from the natural perma grin that takes over my face.

I said out loud on the drive down to Terry, just to make it for real, that I was giving myself permission to eat anything and as much as I wanted. We are usually so careful, watching what we eat and portion control...not this weekend, I went a little nuts!

Sushi, beef tenderloin, potato chips, pizzas and bagels....never watching the time, or eating at 'normal' intervals, just eating when ever I felt like it.

I could NOT believe how fantastic everything tasted. EVERYTHING. Was it the mountain air or just the fact that I said it out loud and gave myself permission to be bad that made it all so good? Who cares! We ate in so many different bistros and cafes, tasting and drinking what ever they had to offer.

Back to the daily grind, old habits and routines, it wasn't hard to get back on track but I think I still feel full. It may also be called bloated. No matter, it was all so very worth it.

We did other things besides eating of course, we also had the bonus to be in the same mountain town as our very good friends who were skiing for the weekend so we were able to spend a couple of fun evenings sharing drinks and mountain adventures.

One step closure to the dream.

2 comments:

  1. I love that mitten picture. We like Mountain Donna too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mountain Donna !!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier