Tuesday, January 18, 2011

late night dinners

It was a late one tonight. Not getting dinner ready until after 8 is too late in my books, especially when I have been going to bed at 10pm every night lately.

We still have to eat and it does beat getting take out, I hope.



So what does a family of 5 minus one make for dinner in 20 minutes (or less! yes!!) late on a Tuesday night?



Well, hamburger helper on steroids of course....


And by steroids I mean lots and lots of veggies of all kinds. And by hamburger I mean turkey. Throw in a couple of nuked potatoes and wha la...a semi-healthy one pot family dinner.

I've got to look into taking some kind of speed cooking class, we need some pep around here...in 20 minutes or less of course.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! We just started having one good cooking night a week where we work on making good food. (We'll start with one for now...) While I was searching for recipes, I found this. http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamies-30-minutes-meals/ Check it out-it just might be perfect for you! ...I love Jamie Oliver... although to be totally honest, it doesn't really look like you need helpl-that looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier