Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I am happy just to be nominated

I am not an actor by any means. Extreme stage fright overwhelms me just thinking about it. I believe my acting abilities come shining through in other ways. Real life role playing for example.
Today, as with a few other days in the past, I was a shining star in my performance in the reality series titled 'Calm-ish Mother sits in Passenger Seat while Teenage Daughter Drives'

It takes all of my Oscar style talent not to let show on my face what I am really going through "OH MY GOODNESS, WE'RE GONNA CRASH INTO SOMETHING!"
Not that she is a horrible driver, heck I wouldn't really know. She is new, she's a bit jerky and tight on the wheel. She swings way to wide and goes to darn slow for my taste but that is all normal just-learning kind of stuff.

I just don't trust her. That's crazy. I should trust her. But I don't . Not yet. I'm too scared right now.

I try to remain calm so as not to startle her and cause any erratic type behavior. I try not to let show my foot pushing so hard into the floor board my muscles are screaming at me to stop. I try, oh but I try, to keep a smooth even tone as I give her directions. Can she see my tongue bleeding? I bite on it so hard sometimes I fear in may fall into my lap which would of course ensue into mass screams and extreme hazardous driving.

I love that daughter of mine. I love her with all my shivering-in-fear heart and I want her to do well, to be safe.
But how can I trust her, please tell me how, when she can't ever remember to put her dishes away? Will she forget to shoulder check? And how she misses her bus to school. Will she hesitate to long at a stop sign and cause an accident? Food is spilled all over the counter and not even attempted at wiping it up. She doesn't scrape her windows enough one day and misses seeing that child step off the curb. She can not seem to keep her bedroom floor free of debris. She reaches down to grab that old pop can that rolled under her gas pedal.

I could go on, believe me I could. My mind is full of this stuff. It's in my job description I think.

I will accept my prize gracefully and keep my lecture..er...I mean speech short when I win.
It will start off something like this

"I am a Stong Confident Mother...........

3 comments:

  1. LOL...THAT WAS SO FUNNY, "ERMA BOMBECK"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was sooo well written! I could feel all my emotions right there again as if it was yesterday that I was doing driver training with my Bec. Hang in there, you will make it (safely
    to the other side) My prayers and feelings are with you on this one all the way.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh If my mom had a blog in her brain this is what it was saying some 18 years ago about me. although not nearly as hysterical. (oh she was hysterical - just not the funny kind) I can't wait for this award ceremony I will be in the audience whooping it up for you.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier