Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What's in a name?

This subject is deeper than I have the energy for today (ok, most days) today I just wanted to say how surprised I am at how excruciatingly long it's taking for my new last name to be fully integrated in my life.

I have been through this name change thing before, twice actually, but I wasn't involved in first one.

It has been over a year since I took the name of my one true love ~*heart aflutter*~ and stuck it next to mine permanently, but getting rid of that old clunker is harder than I thought it would be.
Apparently I am a lot more involved in my life in my (late) 30's than I was in my (early) 20's.
Every time I turn around the shadow of the *X's name appears next to mine. With quick reflex I attempt to make right what was once so wrong only to find that past records have a lot of sticky to them and are not so easily manipulated....

I am on a mission, I will remove that old band-aid even if it has to be a slow, hairs pulling out with it process, it's coming off.

*I am aware that my children have the last name that I am so desperate to shed...I am ok with that of course. That is their name....always will be. This is about me, not them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, it IS true, there are a lot of things to change...and it's not terribly easy! Goooooood luck!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier