Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Locked out



I took my bicycle to the gym tonight. I felt amazing riding in this extraordinary Fall weather. What a fantastic way to de-stress at the end of a rough day.

I got to the gym realizing that I had forgot my bike lock. Instead of turning myself around I braved up and asked the ladies at the desk if they could help me out, turns out they use a janitors room for just his purpose. Brilliant!

I had a great work out, did every thing I went to do...I felt the burn baby.
Heading back home I was sitting on top of the world. What a feeling turning the day around like this. Yay me. Listen to the crunch of the leaves under my tires. Look up at the Canadian Geese honking over head flying in perfect formation.

I couldn't wait to get home to eat.

Eating would have to wait.

We have a key pad on our back door we use to get in the house that seemed to be running out of batteries. It didn't work. I had no cell phone and my keys were in the house. No hidden key.
Terry was at Spanish practice on the other side of Edmonton. Daniel was in a TKD sparring class, Tayler was at a band practice. I decided to wait knowing Tayler had to stop by on her way to ringette practice and Daniel had to come sort his flyers for delivery the next day.
I waited....waited...waited.
The sun was going down, I was getting cold and hungry. I knew as soon as I left SOMEONE would show up.
One hour later Tayler comes running up the driveway in a hurry to get to ringette. Kudos to her for not busting a gut at her poor cold hungry mother and just letting me the heck in the house.

After getting in and warming up with some soup, I poured me a jumbo goblet of red wine, ignored the dishes and proceeded to sit.

Feeling good right now.
Life is funny that way. I like how it throws you little curve balls just when you need one.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE WAY YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK SO TINY AGAINST THE MASSIVE ROADBLOCK OF A DOOR !!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier