Wednesday, July 21, 2010

should I be allowing this? *UPDATE*

This may or may not qualify me for 'mother of the year', I am sure I am already in the running this year. And I mean that entirely sarcastically of course.

The boys are home alone during the day this week and next week (almost 13 and almost 9) while their sister is taking a summer school course and we are at work.
They are biking to and from swimming lessons I signed them up for lasting for the next two weeks.
I was worried, but they are doing great so far, working together and taking care of each other. I trust them whole hearted to follow the road rules and signs, with out a doubt. They have a cell phone and they check in before they leave to and from.
I feel worried every minute until they get home wondering if this was the right thing to do.

Today though, I talked to them after lunch asking what they ate expecting to hear a sandwich or pizza pop or chips topped with sugar and chocolate or something like that...oh no...I get "oh yeah, we had lunch already, Daniel BBQ'd some hot dogs for us".... I said what?!
I was instantly proud of him followed directly by fear....I didn't let them catch on to the latter, I just proceeded through the questions of 'did you shut it off properly' -'have any flames' etc....
Everything went fine. We have him start the BBQ all the time and he is always watching.

Still, when is old enough?

Tonight when we get home, a little recap on fire safety.

I guess my little guys are growing up.

*Just got off the phone with the boys, asked what they did for lunch today....Ice Cream Sundays....Yup, kids will be kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier