Friday, July 16, 2010

A trip back




"It was 1989 my thoughts were short my hair was long"
A line from Kid Rock's song All Summer Long.
That's me with my friend Hayley and my brother just before we left to the Bon Jovi concert in 1989...oh my but we worked hard for weeks to make our jeans look like that..bleach bleach and more bleach. They didn't last long.
I remember thinking at that concert, while singing at the top of my lungs, that this was the best time ever and I never wanted it to end.
Fast forward to 2010 and I find my self purchasing tickets to go see Bon Jovi with special appearance by Kid Rock


I wasn't going to go initially, even though deep down I wanted too....I didn't want to spend the money needlessly and I really didn't listen to Bon Jovi at all any more, just what came on the radio.I do have a Kid Rock CD in my truck that frequents the player especially on long road trips. My guilty pleasure, Terry has come to like it too.
Then, days before my b-day, Terry sends me an email he got from a travel company for 55% off tickets, I purchased two with out hesitation...Terry came to the concert with me, what a trooper, although the parade of cougars was quite entertaining.
We had a good time. I was worried I wouldn't because that excitement for a concert from deep down wasn't clicking in. With the threat of a severe thunder storm looming over I just wanted to stay home warm and dry.
When the show started and I had a couple of watered down stadium beers in me, we realized the storm was passing us by (outdoor concert at the football stadium) then suddenly we just moved the the music and took it all in.
My favorite part was people watching. There was a wide age group there but for the most part it was our peeps all grown up...and boy were they.I so enjoyed seeing them dance and high
five-ing every one and according to the outfits most had on, they were living for a moment back in 1989 and there was nothing wrong with that at all....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier