Friday, October 8, 2010

In other news....

....my beloved Oilers played their first home opener last night against our provincial rivals the Flames....

I didn't watch it.

I decided that this year I wasn't going to watch as much hockey. I was cutting back. I have other interest to explore and things to discover. For the last few years NHL season has ruled my life and our t.v. which drove us to bring in cable and banish satellite so the rest of the family didn't have to suffer through my obsession of watching alllllll 80 games.
I would plan my weeks around it. Leave things early, make sure I didn't miss the first puck drop. Even intermissions had me glued. The interviews, the replays, what was happening around the league!!

Enough!

I came to work this morning and all I heard around me was "oh my gosh did you watch the game last night?" "I know It was awesome right?"" Did you see McIntyre's fight?" "I gotta say, those rookies (first round draft pick Tayler Hall for one!!) are looking great!!" ~the last one coming from an extreme Flames fan walking among us~

*deep breath in* I'm fine, I am not missing out on anything. I am weening myself down (not off) in order to pursue a more rounded life from Oct to June....*deep breath again* aahhhh.

So when the family is over for turkey dinner this Thanksgiving weekend and the Oilers are taking on the Panthers the t.v. will (*may or may not) be off.

*Well, I am just cutting down, not cutting off, I still get to watch some games..... :o)

only 79 more games to go.

Here we go OILERS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh boy- I'm rooting for you love but you really missed a great goal... sorry. too soon?

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier