Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Subtleties *now with added photos!!*



...or, in other words monochromatic subject matter (all one color). Yeah, I know.
Who knew I would have to learn such big words for photography.


Any who, we are looking today for palettes of single colours but finding ways to use light and texture to make it "pop" as our guide Tracey tells us.


Thanks to the fabulous photo walk I was able to partake in a couple of weeks back I had just the thing already loaded in my photo library of happiness (I just came up with that title now! Fun.)


I will be bringing my camera on our regular lunch hour walk today to see what else I can find keeping my eyes open for what Tracey calls "intricacies just begging to be discovered".


I can do that!!




Yellow Fall Leaves




I will post back here what, if anything, I find in my travels today....Keep your eyes focused on the light and textures of ...er...mon-o-chro-ma-tic subject matter today and keep reaching for the stars. :o) (how the HECK did Casey Kasem's tag line pop into my head there?)

*********************************************************************************************

Back from our lunch walk but didn't come back very successful...I think I was trying to hard. I may be a one shot wonder. I don't think these two photos say 'mono-colored' quite like my original post. Most especially the pine cones? I was reaching.

2 comments:

  1. you nailed it! look at you - all big words and learning! Casey would be proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your first shot is a pretty good example of mon-color :) Of course the leaf shot is the best! However, I love the pine cones, the depth and focus is unreal. I feel I can just reach out and touch them. Refreshing to my old eyes and spirit, Donna :) Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier