Saturday, October 16, 2010

Juxtaposition

Definition:

Simply stated, juxtaposition means placing things side-by-side. In art this usually is done with the intention of bringing out a specific quality or creating an effect, particularly when two contrasting or opposing elements are used. The viewer's attention is drawn to the similarities or differences between the elements.



I found it!

rocks, sky, wire, sun

Well, I found it in definition but Tracey is asking us to find a story. Take a photo consisting of two seemingly opposites that may bring two different feelings out.

I may not have done that here exactly but I see soft sky and light next to hard rock and wire. It is a contradiction of sorts.

The day is young......here's a juxtaposition:

Daniel is going up in a gilder today at air cadets. My son, who couldn't walk up steep flights of stairs because fear gripped him just a couple of years ago is going up in an engine-less flying vehicle. I never thought I would see the day...that boy has conquered fear after fear and he is only 12. I could take a lesson.

1 comment:

Everyone is Beautiful by Katherine Center

Followers

About Me

Mom,Friend,Lover,Daydreamer,Wanna-be World Traveler,Thinker and extreme worrier